Waterways - the Lifeblood of liveability Masterclass
Convener: Kate Nagato
Water is fundamental to life and creating a liveable city. Waterways, wetlands and integrated water management is the blue infrastructure that bring our green infrastructure to life.
- To explore the role of waterways and blue infrastructure in liveable cities.
- To identify some of the latest local and international work on the importance of waterways in water sensitive cities for recreation and urban liveability including collaborative planning approaches and the concept of Living Rivers having legal rights.
• Sally Boer, Director Freshwater Ecology, E2DesignLab (Qld)
• Kate Nagato, Manager Land Liveability and Stewardship, Melbourne Water
- Scott Martin,River Heritage Conservancy US
How parks can be designed to protect waterways and how waterways can enhance parks and open space.